“Two things people should never talk about: politics and religion”
- Except, people talk about politics all the time!
Actually, you should not talk about religion!
- Religion is the institutional side of Christianity.
- Religion focuses on rules, rituals and organizations.
Talk about your faith—a personal witness of your faith in Jesus, and why you believe.
A witness is one who has “been there, done that”; “It happened to me.”
Tell your story:
“I once was lost, now I’m found.”
“We went through hard times also, when we were young. We started praying together, and we believe God answered our prayer.”
So why don’t people share their God stories with non-Christians?
- Because they think it means pounding on doors, talking to strangers.
- Actually, your best use of God stories is usually with people you already know. Why? There is a relationship!
- They believe that unbelievers are not receptive. That is a lie! People are created as spiritual beings.
- Unbelievers are more receptive than most people think. If you have a relationship with the person, that helps.
Turn your faith inside out!