Christianity is more than:
- A set of beliefs.
- An organization.
- A program.
- An activity.
Christianity is the atmosphere.
- It is the air you breathe.
- It impacts everything.
- It is comprehensive.
- It changes everything.
How NOT to fix the declining local church:
- Work harder at everything you do.
- Get a program that worked at some other church.
- Get leaders who will push people to change.
- Focus on the problems—what isn’t working.
- Get tough, demand more from the people.
How to effectively fix the declining church:
- Increase prayer and Bible study among anyone willing to grow spiritually.
- Look for those who have holy discontent.
- Be ready for the long haul—three years.
- Develop Kingdom culture among those who are receptive.
- Start with those who have holy discontent, inviting those with whom they have a relationship in the church to join the movement.
- Use outside guidance with renewal expertise and resources.