Maybe not. Yet, maybe so. After researching a few thousand churches, we have discovered that most Christians don’t have a clue how to reach non-Christians. It’s one of the many reasons 70-90% of churches in America are plateaued or declining. In many growing churches (not all) are gathering Christians from declining congregations.
Could Christianity have salvaged a man who maybe snapped? Maybe not. Yet – it’s what God has done through ordinary believers:
- By the millions
- For centuries.
So, if you’re a Christian, and you want to contribute to a nation struggling with civility:
- Don’t invite a nonbeliever to Church (at first).
- Learn to share your God stories. What God has done in your life.
- Learn this: Christianity grows through relationships, not programs. Not institutions.
- Mimic how Jesus loved even weirdos – and healed them.
- If you don’t think Christianity can make a difference, maybe you ought to reread the Manual.
Are you a country club Christian? Our research shows 51% (of 17,000 surveyed) are!
Or, are you a missionary to your neighbor? Is your neighbor troubled? Do you know? Is he/she on a countdown to a meltdown? Do you have an opportunity in that relationship? Maybe not. Yet, maybe so.