It doesn’t matter how you voted, or kneel, or what you drive. There’s a deeper issue. Why doesn’t anybody talk about the real issue behind the issue?
It’s the discipline of diagnosis. Find the issue behind the issue. Get past the symptoms to the cause. If your medical doctor treated everyone with a headache according to the symptoms, she’d send everyone home with aspirins. And your brain tumor would kill you.
I’m not a medical doctor, I’m a church doctor. We diagnose the issues behind the issues. Our 15-year research project with churches of all brands turns up some amazing surprises.
- Most churches are failing to impact their communities.
- They are way below their potential to impact the nation for good.
- The issue behind the issue is surprising: They have wandered from the culture of their leader…Jesus.
How does this relate to President Trump, the flag, and speeding? In American culture, there is an erosion of culture. The cultural issue is respect. Do your own diagnosis.
- Read newspapers.
- Watch TV.
- Diagnose some films.
- Listen to the chatter in the coffee shop.
- Follow the chatter on social media.
How does your diagnosis work when you put it through the lens of respect?
Oh yeah, and you Christians? I mean no disrespect, but how far have you drifted in your respect for what Jesus taught in how to be church everywhere, every day?