We have been focusing on building the team called church.
- We have used the leadership square.
- We have practiced multiplication.
- Multiplication is the key ingredient to becoming a healthy church, renewal and revival in the nation, and the joy of serving on God’s team!
How do other people disciple without using the term “disciple?” What do they call it?
- An intern
- An apprentice
Who does it?
- Airplane pilots
Who invented this process?
Who is notorious for NOT doing it?
- Church people!
This raises some questions. Why do churches do these things?
- Nominate and elect people into ministry positions.
- Ask for volunteers?
- Fail to help people to discover their spiritual gifts?
So, who is your “project” right now?
- Who are you discipling?
Why can’t you disciple a group of 25 people at once?
- Jesus discipled 12. Are you better than Jesus?
- You can never disciple a group.
- Preaching to the crowd does not disciple anyone.
- Preaching encourages and teaches those who are already disciples and disciplers.
- Pouring your life into someone else.
- Getting to know them intimately.
- God uses you to grow them through a long, intentional process.
- You involve them in “on-the-job” training.
- You brief and debrief before and after ministry.
- This is the discipleship growth process – like raising a child…a child of God.
- Ministry is caught as much as taught.
- Jesus’ plan is multiplication – never just addition!
- You multiply multipliers. This is how revivals begin.
- You multiply and move on – avoiding dependency.
How will you spend the rest of your life on God’s team, your church?
Leave a Reply