How is your church operated?
- As a team or a corporation?
- As a family or an institution?
- High control or low control?
- Low accountability or high accountability?
If you consider what Jesus did, what the apostles did, what the Scripture says about church, you conclude:
The church is:
- A team.
- A family.
- Low control.
- High accountability.
A team operates by spiritual gifts and callings.
An organization uses positions, status, jobs.
Church as team demonstrates:
- Everyone is a minister, each one has a ministry.
- We are all coworkers.
- We are all building blocks of a holy temple.
- We have different gifts, but the same objective (1 Peter 2:4-5; 9).
The church as team is community.
- Family of God.
- A holy nation.
- A Kingdom.
- Brothers and sisters in Christ.
Spiritual Formation Cranial
Culture Head Knowledge
Organic (Bottom-up) Corporate (Top-down)
What do you think the church should be?
Leave a Reply