When people learn to tell their God stories, they don’t learn a technique.
- They catch a move of a movement.
- As Jesus intended, it’s not a program.
- It becomes a lifestyle!
Someone once said, “We become so enthralled with being keepers of the aquarium, we lose sight of the fact that we have been called to be fishers of men and women.”
Jesus is our Savior.
- He is also our leader.
- He is also our model.
We are program fixated!
We are program saturated!
We are program constipated!
We make church too complicated!
Developing culture develops people. People who change, become changed people who change others.
- It all occurs by holy infection.
- One person to another.
When our church caught the culture of sharing our God stories, we became a different church.
- We became different people.
- We became infectious people.
- It wasn’t a program we did.
- We weren’t bound by walls, timeframes, classes, structures, location.
- When you become a disciple 24/7, the spiritual movement moves with you—and everyone else who has caught it, well, they have caught what can’t be taught.
Our church began to grow, as people shared their God stories outside of our fellowship.
- Our church membership grew five times its original size in four years.
- We had to add a worship service.
- We had to add parking.
- We had to add Sunday school space for both children and adults.
No one ever taught a class on witnessing. Why?
- We became witnesses.
- We were doing it.
- New people caught the culture from us.
- The epidemic continued to spread.
If you would like to know more, you can also subscribe to my podcast on Apple Podcast and Google Play. We will expand on this theme further in our series beginning on March 6, 2018.