Have you ever heard about the Jesus epidemic?
Perhaps not. Most Christians seem inoculated.
- Think of your church as a hospital.
- It’s where Christians spend most of their time, money, and energy.
- Sometimes the church is called, “a hospital for sinners.”
- That is right, in a way.
- But in another way, it can ruin the spread of Christianity!
Every pastor gets trained with tons of academic stuff. What no pastor gets is in-depth training in epidemiology: the study of epidemics.
Even more, every Christian should be trained by the Centers for Disease Control, to learn how epidemics work.
Then, they would know how to reach the world for Jesus.
Here’s how it works:
- Jesus infected primarily twelve, secondarily several hundred more, with a new life.
- But, after the Crucifixion, most were huddled behind closed doors—the Enemy’s strategy for quarantine.
- The movement could have died, but the persecution surrounding the stoning of Stephen scattered the believers.
- They went everywhere, infecting others.