So how many Christians focus on being “the hands and feet of Jesus,” without including the lifechanging opportunity to be an
- Ambassador for Jesus Christ—the King of the Universe?
Many churches have an evangelism committee.
My friend, John, says, “If our church pressures me to be on the evangelism committee, I’m leaving the church!”
He added, “Who are those weird people, anyway? Who would do that?”
Let’s look at the anatomy of an evangelism committee.
After consulting a few thousand churches, I’ve seen a few patterns emerge about those who serve on an evangelism committee.
- These people love God and love their church, no question!
- They aren’t as weird as my friend John thinks they are!
- They do want their church to grow in numbers of people!
- They realize that many people in their community don’t have faith in Jesus.
- They also know, from Scripture, that people without faith go to eternity without God. This bothers them.
- They have no clue about “how” to go about sharing their faith.
- So their objectives are honorable.
- Their strategies, if they have any, are usually ineffective.
- They are committed to the church.
- But, they are ignorant about how God intends His people to reach the world.
In my next post, we will look further at the evangelism committee. If you would like to know more, you can also subscribe to my podcast on Apple Podcast and Google Play. We will expand on this theme further in our series beginning on March 6, 2018.