Relationships are powerful platforms for sharing the faith. Meeting needs, healing hurts, feeding the hungry—just being sympathetic, develop relationships.
It’s not an either/or! It’s a both/and.
- Meet needs.
- Share faith.
- This is the formula to share your faith.
- This is the platform to witness.
- This is your gift to be a missionary.
- It is the people you know—and will know, in the future.
- It’s a both/and opportunity!
The very best Christianity has to offer is
- To meet the needs of people.
- To share faith in Jesus Christ.
- It does feel good to help those in need.
- It feels eternally good to introduce them to Jesus.
- It moves beyond the symptoms to the causative issues that plague those who suffer.
- It guides people to the gift of salvation, with eternal consequences.
Leonard Sweet, in his book Soul Tsunami, says:
“There is a legend that at the entrance to heaven, two questions will be asked of everyone seeking admittance:
- The first is, “Did you come alone?”
- If your answer is, “Yes,” the second question is, “How could you?” (Page 220).
- What would happen if everyone in your church were a missionary?
- What would happen if everyone was alert to witness to Jesus Christ, to anyone who is a relational connection
- What if you saw these people, these relationships, as your own personal mission field:
- Those at work
- Those at school?