Would you keep the cure for cancer a secret? Would you treat a cancer patient by feeding her a steak, but avoid cancer-fighting drugs?
Where did William Booth reach out?
- To feed the hungry, give shelter to the homeless, and SHARE THE LIFE-CHANGING GOOD NEWS OF SALVATION THROUGH A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS CHRIST?
It was an atheist that influenced General Booth and the movement, The Salvation Army.
- The atheist said, “If I believed what you Christians believe, I would crawl across England on my hands and knees, if need be, to tell people about it.”
- That is the statement that moved William Booth to start The Salvation Army.
Michael Green, the author of the classic, The First Thing’s Last: What Happened to Evangelism? said:
- “Once you have been gripped by the need of those who do not know your Lord Jesus Christ, you will need no other motivation to spread the Good news with every power at your disposal.” (Page 71).
Good point! So why don’t Christians share their faith more often?
Is it that we are busy doing church, so busy we don’t have time or energy left to be the church?
Are you church? Are you the force God put on this earth to share Jesus with every other person on earth?
- Or, have you confused acts of charity with words of eternity?
- Or, is it that you, like many, feel that it’s the job of the pastor, or an evangelist, but certainly not what you do?
- Or, are you too busy handing out food to the needy, counseling those caught in addiction, helping those who are disenfranchised?
What gets in the way of sharing the Good news of Jesus Christ with people you know, people you see regularly—people who, every day, get one day closer to eternity without the God who made them?
If you would like to know more, you can also subscribe to my podcast on Apple Podcast and Google Play. We will expand on this theme further in our series beginning on March 6, 2018.
Leave a Reply