How do you begin a movement of witnessing in your church?
- A movement that engages almost 100% of those in your church—even kids!
- A movement without meetings, activities, extra work by the staff or the church members.
How? Change the culture of your congregation to a culture of witnessing.
Jesus said, in Acts 2, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you and you (all) will be My witnesses…to the ends of the earth.”
- You know the verse—most Christians do.
- You know what is supposed to occur, but most people don’t witness.
- You know how the New Testament church exploded with growth—but yours has not.
- So what’s missing?
What is missing is what Jesus did with the disciples.
Jesus changed the disciples’ culture.
- So much, it was like being “born again.”
- They became different people.
- Jesus didn’t tell them much about this culture. He just changed it!
If you do this among those in your church, your church will experience exponential growth. This is how it looks:
- I know.
- I did it.
- It happened to me…and my church.
How to start a witnessing movement in your church.
- You must be willing to try.
- You must be focused to keep it going.
- You must be willing to keep at it for one year or more—perhaps three.
- You must never announce what you are doing—or you will make it a program.
Tomorrow, I’ll tell you one way to get it started.
If you would like to know more, you can also subscribe to my podcast on Apple Podcast and Google Play. We will expand on this theme further in our series beginning on March 6, 2018.
Leave a Reply