How can you develop a witnessing culture: in your life, in your family, in your church?
How not to do it: develop a program. Have the pastor announce it from the pulpit. Hype it like another activity at the church. Provide classes, and make it academic.
- Do all that stuff and you ruin the potential to have a witnessing church.
Here’s what you can do that will work. This is what Jesus modeled.
- Focus on launching a sacred movement in plain sight.
- You don’t have to be the pastor.
- You don’t have to be a Bible scholar.
- You don’t have to be a genius.
- You don’t have to be Jesus in the flesh.
You can launch this movement in your church just because you are a Christian!
As we move forward, I will share how I began a movement of witnessing in a church. Yeah, I was the pastor, but anyone could have done it. Really! This is a true story.
The most important thing: this is not a program. Get that out of your mind.
Jesus did not have programs. He had people whose lives were changed. (If you want to know more, see my book, Who Broke My Church? 7 Proven Strategies for Renewal and Revival).
This is the way to begin a culture of witnessing—telling God stories.
- This will change your life.
- This will change your church.
- This could change our world!
Here’s what Jesus says: “The Holy Spirit will come upon you and you (all) will be My witnesses…to the ends of the earth.” In my next post, the movement begins!
If you would like to know more, you can also subscribe to my podcast on Apple Podcast and Google Play. We will expand on this theme further in our series beginning on March 6, 2018.
Leave a Reply