It was over 25 years ago: Mission Magazine declared America the third largest mission field in the world, behind China and India.
Here are the challenges:
- Most pastors and church leaders don’t know how to reach those far from God.
- So they can’t train Christians to reach out effectively.
Add to that another challenge:
- Churches have failed to effectively reach the millennial generation.
What if you could make a course correction in these areas—at no cost to your church?
There is no gimmick!
We learned how to do it from the revival movement in England.
We have seen it work there, in amazing ways, for 20 years.
It’s been working in the U.S. for 5 years. It’s amazing!
Follow these steps:
- Pray for, look for, until you find a young adult who is FAT:
- Faithful—more enthusiastic about faith than most.
- Available—not married yet, no mortgage, able to engage in 10 months of Christian training.
- Teachable—an above average interest in learning how to be a mission-minded developed disciple, effective Christian.
Ask them to consider:
- Checking out SENDNorthAmerica.com.
- If they find interest there, call 800-626-8515 and ask for a phone or Skype appointment with Jon.
- Look at materials received from Jon with their parents/pastor.
- Apply for SEND (before July 15 for each SEND training year).
Once accepted, they will receive a kit about how to raise ten support partners/families who will sponsor them at $50 per month for ten months.
SEND begins in September and concludes in June with a commissioning.
SEND young adults are trained as “foot soldier missionaries” to reach people in their own country.
After they complete SEND, add them as a young adult missionary to your church’s staff.
They already know how to raise their own support!
Every church on the mission field in America needs a trained missionary on staff.
Leave a Reply