Yes…and no. The primary purpose of the church is to make disciples:
- Jesus modeled it.
- Jesus commissioned it.
The church isn’t a political organization.
- You can’t legislate faith.
- You can’t legislate morality.
The church is a divine organism, the body of Christ.
- Christ transforms people.
- Transformation is the renewal of your mind.
- Renewed minds think differently:
- When people think about everything differently, they become DIFFERENT PEOPLE.
When church people are different people:
- They are not of this world.
- But they are in this world.
- They shape this world.
- God’s power through His people changes the world, one person at a time.
Darrow Miller says, “If Christians don’t disciple the nation, the nation will disciple the Christians.”
Discipled (equipped) Christians can change the nation.
- Organically, from the bottom up.
- One person at a time.
- Christianity is not a political program.
- Christianity is an infectious movement.
- Christianity changes everything, including the nation!